Home Community FAQs Deed Restrictions / Restrictive Covenants
Deed Restrictions / Restrictive Covenants Print
Friday, 24 March 2017 05:17

Do our residential properties have deed restrictions?  Yes, they do.  Deed Restrictions (or Restrictive Covenants) are placed on properties in one of several ways:

1)  As part of the Deed to the Property

2)  As a separate document for a subdivision as part of the plat - by the Developer

3)  As part of an HOA - several of our newer NASWC neighborhoods do have an HOA

4)  As part of the City of Austin Code Enforcement for the portions annexed by the city

These documents may be part of your Deed; or a document attached to the Deed; or a separate document filed with the County by Developer.  These documents should be discovered when the Title Companies do a Title Search for the purchase of a property.  Also the Real Estate Agents should be checking on this when they list a property for sale, or when guiding a buyer to a particular property.

There are several online tools available to help find out about DRs or RCs for your property:

1)  Click on the Deed Restrictions tab on the NASWC website

2)  Visit the Williamson County website's new GIS county map:  you can enlarge the map to find your lot - click on it and a box will pop up with links to property information.

3)  Contact your HOA or City of Austin Code Enforcement (phone 311) for information if you belong to one of these entities.

4)  For Properties which are not within an HOA or the City Limits of Austin, (such as Forest North Estates, Jolly Oaks) there is a Williamson County Website Form to petition for Deed Restriction Enforcement.  (Scroll down page to section on Other Forms:  Deed Restrictions.

For more info about accessing these documents, contact This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .