Austin Animal Center has published information and guidelines about coyotes and other wildlife in urban areas. Visit their web page Coyotes in Central Texas.
NASWC is the Neighborhood Association of Southwestern Williamson County. Our Association membership is dedicated to promoting the general welfare of the residents and resources as well as protecting property values. All of our work for the welfare of our community and the residents is done by community volunteers. All Officers, Board Members, and Committee Members are volunteers.
Help Us Help You!
- Become a member of the Board – to attend monthly meetings and conduct the business of the Association. Board meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Jollyville Fire Station on Anderson Mill Road
- Executive Committee – Secretary to record minutes of the monthly Board meetings and Quarterly General Meetings
- Hospitality for the Quarterly Meetings – Provide snacks and set-up/clean-up for meetings (reimbursement available)
- NASWC Signs – Help with putting out quarterly meeting signs and yearly NNO signs (you can take a meeting sign to post in your yard/nearby corner a few days before Quarterly Meetings).
- National Night Out – Assist NNO Chairman with planning and logistics for our annual event co-hosted with Town & Country at the park on Meadowheath Drive. 2018 Event will be Tuesday, August 7.
- Zoning Change & Site Plan Notices from the City of Austin – Review online documentation on the city’s website; determine if NASWC has Restrictive Covenants with property owners; follow-up as needed with Agent or the city’s case manager.
- Annual Audit – Serve on ad hoc committee to audit NASWC records.
Membership in NASWC offers several benefits, including discounted trash and recycling services; NASWC News & Notes, our e-announcements and reminders; membership availability in two local credit unions; and active participation in zoning, new development in our area, safety concerns, and growth issues which affect your property values and standard of living.